Monday, March 12, 2012

No Sew Doll Shirts

Earlier today I saw a post on Doll Diaries about how to make no sew dresses for dolls.  I wanted to try this method out a see what I could come up with.  I was not able to make a dress because I could not seem to cut the right size circle for a dress for any of the dolls in the picture.  However, I was able to make a couple cute shirts and pair them with my No Sew Pants for Dolls.
The original Doll Dairies No Sew Dresses Post referenced THIS VIDEO from My Froggy Stuff.  In the video, you are shown how to make the simple circle pattern to start your dress/shirt for your doll.  I plan to give making a doll dress another try later this week with one of our smaller dolls like Monster High or a Barbie.  For now, I am happy with the shirts.

This is B.F.C. Ink doll Aleisha.  I made the shirt out of a light stretchy purple material.  I used a piece of the seam from the shirt I made her leggings from for the belt of the shirt.  The no sew leggings are made from one of my youngest daughter's thermal shirts that no longer fit her (it was a size 24 months.)  She is also wearing a bandana that was made from fabric left over from the shirt.

This is Hearts4Hearts Girl Consuelo which my daughter renamed Veronica.  Her shirt and leggings are made from the same toddler shirt that the B.F.C. Ink doll's leggings are made from.  I used a seam from the shirt to make the belt around her waist and tied it in the back.

This is Springfield Doll Olivia.  Her purple tunic type shirt is made from the same light stretchy material that the B.F.C. Ink doll's shirt is made from.  I used an extra piece of that fabric to tie around her waist at the side.  Her no sew leggings are made from a piece of my middle daughter's old leggings that she had ripped (size 6.)  I followed the same directions as shown in this POST except that I used a piece of legging instead of a shirt sleeve.


This is a mini Madame Alexander Doll from Pottery Barn Kids that my youngest daughter named Laurien.  I made the shirt from the same toddler shirt as the Hearts4Hearts Girl's outfit and the B.F.C. ink doll's leggings.  I just had to cut a much smaller circle for the shirt which was great because I did not have much of the shirt left to use.  I made the belt from a piece of the leggings and tied in back.  Her pants are made from the same leggings as used above with Olivia.  I had to modify the steps a little.  After cutting the piece of leggings to the length I wanted for her pants, I cut the piece of legging right down the middle near the seam.  Then I hot glued the material back together at the cut sides and followed the same no sew steps as in the link above.

Here is Aleisha and Veronica together.  I just love taking pictures of them together as they really look like sisters.
Not to be left out of the extra shots, here is Olivia holding Laurien.
 I hope you enjoy the pictures!  Please feel free to leave a comment!


1 comment: