Sunday, February 19, 2012

Duck tape outfit for my BFC Ink Doll

Above is my B.F.C. Ink doll Aleisha.  She came wearing this bathing suit, shoes and purse as she is a summer themed doll.  I really am not in love with this outfit and have been wanting to make her something a little more covered up.

Right now, I do not have a sewing machine.  I do have a little hand stitcher, but I was not sure it would work for this project.  So, instead, I decided to try making an outfit out of duck tape.

This is the outfit I came up with in about 20 minutes today.  I first traced a outline of the top of the doll from the shoulders to her waist onto wax paper.  I cut out two of those pieces and then measured her side width and cut out side pieces.  I duck tape the front, back and side pieces together.  Then I added the top part of the shirt.  I cut two straps to fit over the doll's shoulders in a Kimono fashion.  I hot glued the straps to the inside of the front of the shirt and then covered the straps in duck tape.  Next, I hot glued the other end of the straps onto the inside of the back of the shirt (which I had previously cut down the center.)  I then put the shirt onto the doll and added velcro to the back pieces to close the shirt.  I had made the checkered skirt previously.

Not totally in love with this outfit, but at least she is covered up more.  I am hoping to purchase a sewing machine soon.  At that time, the first dolls on my list to make clothes for are this doll and Gwenie's Hearts4Hearts doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment