Sunday, January 8, 2012

Doll Ice Skating Rink


After making the practice balance beam shown on Doll Diares by Karen Mom of Three and have Loopsy Marina try it out, I decided to try and make an ice skating rink for my daughters' dolls. 


My oldest daughter Abbi has had Mia since 2008.  She always loved the ice skating items for her but they were out of our price range.  With all my current projects for their dolls, the topic of an ice skating rink has come up a couple of times.  I decided that I would go ahead and try to put the idea I have had floating in my head into action.  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

How to Make the Ice Skating Rink:

Items Needed:
One shaped medium sized box.  I used a six-sided box that came from a Figi's Christmas gift.
White table cloth or fabric
Pieces of clear hard plastic-mine came from a Christmas ornament box.
One piece of cardboard
Duck Tape
Hot Glue
Scissors
Optional:  Stickers and American girl tape



Getting to Work:
Step 1: Cut the table cloth/fabric to fit the shape of the box and hot glue to the top of box.
Step2: Cut the piece of cardboard to fit the back side of the box.  Cut the plastic to fit the two farthest back sides of the box.




Step 3:  Cover the cardboard piece with duck tape and decorations.  I used American Girl tape and stickers.  Hot glue the cardboard piece to the back side of box.  Hot glue the two plastic pieces to the sides of the box.



Now you have an ice skating rink for you dolls!
Please feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment