Sunday, January 15, 2012

My First Duck Tape Clothing Items...Quite the Experience

I decided that I would try to make some doll clothes out of duck tape tonight.  Above, Rebecca is modeling the shirt and skirt that I made.  The skirt came out fine and once I had gotten the right measurements, was fairly easy to make.  The shirt on the other hand, well, let's just say it is not exactly how I had envisioned.  I originally set out to make a t-shirt and very quickly realized that I had no idea how to make the sleeves.  Also, no matter how I tried, I just could not seem to get the measurement just right on this shirt.

I plan to try to make another shirt this week.  I am going to do a little more patterning before I work with the duck tape and hopefully that will help.  For me, that is hard because I am a "think it and do it" kinda girl.  I usually do not measure anything, draw sketches, or even think ahead as I am working on projects.  I have always believed in trial and error and teaching myself things through the process of doing the project.  Anyway, Rebecca is so cute that she makes any outfit look adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment